Which difficulty level should I choose for my pet?
- Think about crossword puzzles for us humans, we need to start on an easier one to understand the concept.
- Step by step as we understand the puzzle concept we can advance to more difficult versions.
- If we start too difficult, we will be frustrated and finally give up.
- A pet who doesn't understand how a puzzle works, may become destructive towards the puzzle.
- Their instinct may make them start chewing their way into the treats, instead of working for them.
- If we don't teach them the playing rules, and how the puzzle works their chewing instincts will kick in.
- The biggest challenge for you is having the patience to teach them how to solve the puzzle.
Levels of Difficulty Explained
Level 1 (Easy)
- Suits beginners, Cat's, Puppies & Dogs who have never played with a stimulating puzzle before.
- A great starting place If you are unsure if your pet will like puzzle solving for treats.
- Perfect as slow feeders for dogs.
Level 2 (Intermediate)
- Suits most dogs & Cat's of all ages, breed and size.
- If you have a working breed dog then this is a great place to start.
Level 3 (Advanced)
- When your Pet has mastered level 2 puzzles.
- Move up to a more advanced & challenging puzzle.
- Generally there are no removable parts which really increases the challenge.
Level 4 (Expert)
- When your Pet has mastered level 3 puzzles.
- These puzzles are reserved for the best of the best.
- Well trained dogs will really enjoy the challenges of a level 4 puzzle.
- The information contained in this description are just general suggestions to help guide you and get you get started.
- Puzzles are suitable for most dogs/cats in these categories.
- Always remember not all dogs/cats are the same, some may relish the challenge of a puzzle toy yet some may be simply disinterested in solving puzzles for treats.
- We recommend supervision of your pet with the puzzle at all times.
FOR THE TOP DOGS: Level 3 Nina Ottosson treat dispensing games like this Dog Casino help to train and teach your dog through sequential steps, setting this dog game apart from more entry level dog games and intermediate dog puzzles.
A SMART CHOICE: The Dog Casino by Nina Ottosson is a smarter option for pet parents and dog trainers looking to engage and excite their dogs through training. Opposed to typical treat dispensing toys, the Dog Casino is filled with obstacles and new features that keep dogs playing and happily learning.
NO REMOVABLE PARTS: This dog game has built in play pieces that don’t come out when your dog plays with it.
TWIST IT: Unique to the Nina Ottosson Dog Casino dog game are the locking bone pieces. If your dog is good at solving puzzles, introduce them to a new challenge by simply twisting the bones on top to lock the drawers.
LEVEL 3 CHALLENGE: Nina Ottosson Dog Games and puzzles are great for dogs of all ages, breeds and sizes. This level 3 dog game is especially recommended for more challenging play, but can be used with dogs of all play levels.
HOW TO PLAY: With bones in unlocked position, open drawers and drop in treats or kibble. Close drawers and lock bones. Let the games begin! Place the game on the floor and encourage your pet to seek treats. Dogs are smarter than you think. Sometimes we just need to teach them! Leave bones unlocked and a drawer or two open to gain your dog's interest.
FROZEN PUZZLE: Mix some canned/wet dog food or raw food with water, pour some of the mixture in the hollows, or place a small piece of sausage or a tasty treat in each of the hollows, pour a little water, put the game in the freezer and let it set. Perfect for energetic dogs, hot weather, or just extended fun.
PLAY TOGETHER: Nina Ottosson Dog Puzzle Games focus on challenging your dog’s brain. Supervise when playing, and don't let the dog chew on the toy. Teach your dog how to use the puzzle, play and have fun together. Put away until next time.
EASY TO CLEAN: To wash your dog’s DogCasino, simply remove all treats/kibble and hand wash with warm soapy water, rinse clean and dry. Fill again for more fun!
- ALWAYS supervise your pet when using a game or puzzle of any kind.
- Do not let your pet chew on the game or pieces.
- Inspect regularly for damage and remove/replace if the toy is broken, or if parts become separated, as serious injury may result.
- Intended for pets only, Keep out of reach of children.
- Once emptied of treats or kibble, the game should be stored until next supervised use.
Nina Ottosson Puzzle Games
- Fights boredom by keeping your pets busy - Boredom Busters
- Helps reduce destructive behaviour by exercising your pet’s mind.
- Strengthen the bond with your pet.
- Fun for all pets – regardless of age & size.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.