Which difficulty level should I choose for my pet?
- Think about crossword puzzles for us humans, we need to start on an easier one to understand the concept.
- Step by step as we understand the puzzle concept we can advance to more difficult versions.
- If we start too difficult, we will be frustrated and finally give up.
- A pet who doesn't understand how a puzzle works, may become destructive towards the puzzle.
- Their instinct may make them start chewing their way into the treats, instead of working for them.
- If we don't teach them the playing rules, and how the puzzle works their chewing instincts will kick in.
- The biggest challenge for you is having the patience to teach them how to solve the puzzle.
Levels of Difficulty Explained
Level 1 (Easy)
- Suits beginners, Cat's, Puppies & Dogs who have never played with a stimulating puzzle before.
- A great starting place If you are unsure if your pet will like puzzle solving for treats.
- Perfect as slow feeders for dogs.
Level 2 (Intermediate)
- Suits most dogs & Cat's of all ages, breed and size.
- If you have a working breed dog then this is a great place to start.
Level 3 (Advanced)
- When your Pet has mastered level 2 puzzles.
- Move up to a more advanced & challenging puzzle.
- Generally there are no removable parts which really increases the challenge.
Level 4 (Expert)
- When your Pet has mastered level 3 puzzles.
- These puzzles are reserved for the best of the best.
- Well trained dogs will really enjoy the challenges of a level 4 puzzle.
- The information contained in this description are just general suggestions to help guide you and get you get started.
- Puzzles are suitable for most dogs/cats in these categories.
- Always remember not all dogs/cats are the same, some may relish the challenge of a puzzle toy yet some may be simply disinterested in solving puzzles for treats.
- We recommend supervision of your pet with the puzzle at all times.
HOW TO PLAY: Place your dog's favourite treats or food in the compartments of the removable tray. Slide the tray back into the game. Supervise, show and encourage your dog to move sliders back and forth to seek treats. If your dog is too rough with his paws, place the game in your lap or on a stool, so that your dog can only use his nose to move the sliders. Let the games begin!
IT'S EASY TO FILL: Pull out the tray, fill compartments with treats or food, slide the tray back again. PLAYING RULES: Because it is a challenging game, we recommend that you play together, and teach your dog the rules of the game and how it works
FUN FOR ALL DOGS: This puzzle is advanced, so it's best suited for dogs who have played other games before, and have fine motor skills, regardless of age, size or breed.
FROZEN PUZZLE: Mix a little canned meat with water, pour some of the mixture in the tray's compartments, or place a small piece of sausage or a tasty treat in each compartment, pour a little water, put the game in the freezer and let it set. This is perfect for dogs who need some extra activity.
REDUCES DESTRUCTIVE BEHAVIOURS: By keeping your dog's mind busy, treat puzzle toys can help reduce unwanted behaviours.
PLAY AND BOND: The Challenge Slider is a great way to bond with your dog while teaching basic training commands in a fun way.
MAKES FEEDING FUN: This treat puzzle can be used to feed your dog healthy treats or dry kibble – solving the food puzzle creates an engaging, slowed-down mealtime.
BPA, PVC & PHTHALATE FREE: Made with food-safe materials that you can trust for your dog.
EASY TO CLEAN: To wash, simply remove all treats/kibble and hand wash with warm soapy water, rinse clean and dry. Fill again for more fun!
IT'S FUN. IT FEEDS. It’s a challenge your dog needs! Nina Ottosson Treat Puzzle Games fight boredom, help reduce destructive behaviours & exercise your dog’s mind. It’s hide & seek with treats, and dogs love it!
- ALWAYS supervise your pet when using a game or puzzle of any kind.
- Do not let your pet chew on the game or pieces.
- Inspect regularly for damage and remove/replace if the toy is broken, or if parts become separated, as serious injury may result.
- Intended for pets only, Keep out of reach of children.
- Once emptied of treats or kibble, the game should be stored until next supervised use.
Nina Ottosson Puzzle Games
- Fights boredom by keeping your pets busy - Boredom Busters
- Helps reduce destructive behaviour by exercising your pet’s mind.
- Strengthen the bond with your pet.
- Fun for all pets – regardless of age & size.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.