Which difficulty level should I choose for my pet?
- Think about crossword puzzles for us humans, we need to start on an easier one to understand the concept.
- Step by step as we understand the puzzle concept we can advance to more difficult versions.
- If we start too difficult, we will be frustrated and finally give up.
- A pet who doesn't understand how a puzzle works, may become destructive towards the puzzle.
- Their instinct may make them start chewing their way into the treats, instead of working for them.
- If we don't teach them the playing rules, and how the puzzle works their chewing instincts will kick in.
- The biggest challenge for you is having the patience to teach them how to solve the puzzle.
Levels of Difficulty Explained
Level 1 (Easy)
- Suits beginners, Cat's, Puppies & Dogs who have never played with a stimulating puzzle before.
- A great starting place If you are unsure if your pet will like puzzle solving for treats.
- Perfect as slow feeders for dogs.
Level 2 (Intermediate)
- Suits most dogs & Cat's of all ages, breed and size.
- If you have a working breed dog then this is a great place to start.
Level 3 (Advanced)
- When your Pet has mastered level 2 puzzles.
- Move up to a more advanced & challenging puzzle.
- Generally there are no removable parts which really increases the challenge.
Level 4 (Expert)
- When your Pet has mastered level 3 puzzles.
- These puzzles are reserved for the best of the best.
- Well trained dogs will really enjoy the challenges of a level 4 puzzle.
- The information contained in this description are just general suggestions to help guide you and get you get started.
- Puzzles are suitable for most dogs/cats in these categories.
- Always remember not all dogs/cats are the same, some may relish the challenge of a puzzle toy yet some may be simply disinterested in solving puzzles for treats.
- We recommend supervision of your pet with the puzzle at all times.
REPLACE YOUR BOWL: Replace your standard bowl and feed your cat from the puzzle to engage their natural hunting and foraging instincts. The puzzle holds up to 1/4 cup of food, and can be used with both wet and dry food / treats. It is made with food-safe materials that you can trust with your kitty.
GREAT FOR CURIOUS CATS: Stimulates cats’ natural foraging instincts. Cats "hunt" for their reward by batting the pegs and swatting the leaves to reveal hidden treats. Especially designed for cats, with their natural movements and instincts in mind, and shallow treat cups to access the treats.
KEEPS CATS BUSY: Let your cat discover 8 hidden treat compartments, and scoot 8 pegs filled with treats over the treat cups, to drop the tasty reward. Adjust the difficulty of the puzzle as your kitty learns.
- For beginners - place the treats in the cups and swivel leaves off the tracks for easier play.
- For increased difficulty – cover the cups with the leaves, and place treats in the hole of the peg piece as well, so the cat has to slide the peg over the cups and back to reach the treats.
- Show your cat how the game works and encourage them to find treats.
TIPS: To encourage your cat’s natural hunting instincts you can place treat puzzles in different places each day. Try hiding treat puzzles in different rooms, behind the sofa or behind a door.
Cats usually play and eat when they want, not when you want. By “hiding” treat puzzles in different places, cats can play and hunt whenever they want.
BPA, PVC & PHTHALATE FREE: Made with food-safe materials that you can trust with your kitty.
NO REMOVABLE PARTS: for safer play and easy cleaning, never worry about losing play pieces!
ECO-FRIENDLY MATERIAL: Made with a composite material, which is a mix of wood and plastic - strong, durable, easy to clean, and more gentle on the planet.
EASY TO CLEAN: To wash, simply remove all treats/kibble and hand wash with warm soapy water, rinse clean and dry. Fill again for more fun!
IT'S FUN. IT FEEDS: It’s a challenge your cat needs! Nina Ottosson Treat Puzzle Games fight boredom, help reduce destructive behaviours & exercise your cat’s mind. It’s Hide & Seek with treats, and curious cats love it!
- ALWAYS supervise your pet when using a game or puzzle of any kind.
- Do not let your pet chew on the game or pieces.
- Inspect regularly for damage and remove/replace if the toy is broken, or if parts become separated, as serious injury may result.
- Intended for pets only, Keep out of reach of children.
- Once emptied of treats or kibble, the game should be stored until next supervised use.
Nina Ottosson Puzzle Games
- Fights boredom by keeping your pets busy - Boredom Busters
- Helps reduce destructive behaviour by exercising your pet’s mind.
- Strengthen the bond with your pet.
- Fun for all pets – regardless of age & size.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.